- Legal advice and services for all artists + creatives at all career stages, including emerging artists + creatives who are just starting out.
- Intellectual property, copyright, fair use, appropriation, and related issues;
- Artist and artwork legacy / archive planning;
- Contract review, analysis, negotiation, and drafting;
- Protection of freedom of expression, free speech, and other artist rights, including moral rights;
- Issues regarding public commissions, residencies, exhibitions, performances, and art schools / design schools (such as contractual, IP, and censorship);
- Other constitutional, statutory, and common law rights of artists + creatives;
- Dispute prevention / avoidance and the mediation of disputes and lawsuits (alternative dispute resolution, or ADR).
- Separately, general consulting services to artists + creatives regarding issues at the intersection of art, law, and business. More here.
- FAQs about art law are here.
FEDERAL APPELLATE LAW AND COMPLEX MOTIONS
- For lawyers: Federal appellate court and federal district court work product for lawyers and law firms.
- For artists: Services to artists regarding trial level / appellate level litigation in federal courts.
- More here.